In response to a large volume of requests for advice from patients regarding self-isolation, we would advise patients to check this link on the gov.uk website for the most up to date guidance on what to do if you are concerned about coronavirus (COVID-19), or are in an ‘at-risk’ category. We are unlikely to offer different advice to what is on here.
The link contains advice on
- How to protect yourself or check if you need medical help on the NHS website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) general information and guidance
- Guidance for employers and businesses (and employees) – this includes advice on Fitness To Work Certificates.
- Guidance on social distancing and advice for vulnerable people
- staying at home with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
If you have made a decision to self-isolate and are not ill, we are unable to issue Fitness to Work Certificates, as these are designed to cover pay for people who are off work due to personal illness, not that of a relative. You should discuss with your employer how best to manage the situation. More info is available on this link.